The last few weeks have been an overwhelming flurry of positivity for Milkbox Bakery and I. As such, this heartfelt thank-you is long overdue. I want to take a moment to express my sincere appreciation to each of you. Getting back into baking and fulfilling this niche in our community has been a dream of mine for quite some time. With your support, it's really happening!
Thank you, thank you, thank you . . .
- To my daughters; for remaining flexible with mama's new (at times) erratic schedule, for thinking everything I make is "the best!", and for your smiling eyes. Thank you.
- To my mom and dad, for your business savvy, endless support, and teaching me the value of hard work. Thank you.
- To my friends near and far; for telling everyone you know about Milkbox, for your words of encouragement and support, and endless offers to help. Thank you.
- To Iowa's farmers and food producers; for crafting fabulous, high-quality ingredients of integrity. It's a joy to work with you. Thank you.
- To Milkbox Bakery's subscribers (many of whom were previously unknown to me); for signing up early to support a new business, and for committing to purchase bread and pastries on an ongoing basis that you had possibly never sampled before. You're an inspiring group of leaders! :) Thank you.
- To Hansen's Farm Fresh Dairy; for your partnership and shared love of delivering real food, and for being so darn fun to work with . . . thank you.
- To Milkbox Bakery's fans at Hansen's; for picking up a loaf on your way home from work, for vowing to return the next day when we sell out early, for handing a slice to the customer behind you in line so they can learn about Milkbox. You're a resolute bunch. Thank you.
- To folks entrusting your weddings, graduations, and other special events to Milkbox; for sharing your milestones and meaningful moments with me, for the photos of your chocolate buttercream-faced children, the photos of your 82 year old grandmother proudly blowing out her candles, and the stories behind all the moments. Thank you.
There is such meaning in food, family, and gatherings. Thank you for letting me be a part your story.